May 2, 2016

Sheet Music Cabinet

At home today with a sick little gal. She has strep so I have been editing photos and getting before  and afters together for future shares and inspiration I hope. Here's a simple one that packed some modern punch!

This is a little cabinet I picked up a long time ago and just loved all of its little drawers. It was a sheet music cabinet but my friend bought it after its makeover and she is using it as a scrapbook paper cabinet.
This was a pretty simple makeover. Opera Glasses by Behr painted on the cabinet and then I gold leafed and sealed the wooden bar to bring out that detail. When you have a piece that has so many of the same detail, keep the rest simple because then the detail will pop. It helps that I have a great color in it as well. Opera Glasses is a great navy color that I have used many times since and keep the swatch in my purse for color matching in case they ever decide to discontinue it! 

Yes, I love it that much.


Always being renewed,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...